Today’s review is all about the Calendula Goat’s Milk Handmade Soap.
I’m so excited to share this with you so let’s get started, shall we?
What’s in this handmade soap?
Saponified oils of coconut, olive and castor, calendula infused virgin coconut oil, goat’s milk, cocoa butter and organic calendula flowers.
Saponification is a process by which triglycerides are reacted with sodium or potassium hydroxide (lye) to produce glycerol and a fatty acid salt, called “soap.” – ThoughtCo
What do I like about it?
1. Very mild, as you can see in the ingredients. All natural!
2. Smells like a baby – very mild, very pleasant scent. *nakakagigil*
3. I still smell good (or neutral at least) even when I sweat. Perhaps it’s the virgin coconut oil which has antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties.
4. Deeply moisturizing. I like that when I use this, my skin feels thoroughly hydrated that I can skip applying lotion. My skin would feel moistirized even towards end of day. Hey, I’m a mom like most of you, thus I’m all for multi-function-time-saving-products!
5. Lastly, it is locally made.
What Do I Not Like?
1. Price. This is Php250 per bar. While it does not too easily melt (if handled properly; always allow the water to drain), it is still more costly than our usual soap bars. Though, I think it is unfair to compare this all-natural handmade soap with other soaps that actually have ‘detergent’ ingredients such as Dove.
2. Not readily available. The last time I ordered, I had to wait 2-3 weeks for the soap to cure. Worth the wait? Yes! But sending you a heads up, in case. On the other hand, it feels like it is especially made just for you. Now, how wonderful is that feeling?
Disclaimer: My first Calendula Goat’s Milk Soap was a gift from Escents PH as a thank you token after I published my blog on one of their products. Since I tried it, though, I already bought 2 more bars. All are my own opinion.
7 Things About Eau de Toilet Drops
Ok now, onto the second part – GIVEAWAY!!!
I am so thrilled! This is the first time we are doing this here on the blog.
There will be three (3) winners! These are my loves from EscentsPh that I wanted to share with you.
1 Magnesium Spray
1 Travel Sized Calendula Handmade Soap in a crocheted soap case – handmade by yours truly! See photo below. 🙂
1 Travel Sized Lavender Oatmeal Soap
1 Travel Sized Coco Clean Laundry Soap (which I also use for my face a few times a month – see review linked above)
1 Magnesium Spray
1 Travel Sized Calendula Handmade Soap
1 Travel Sized Coco Clean Laundry Soap
1 Natural Lotion Bar
1 Travel Sized Extra Minty Peppermint Charcoal Soap
Special thanks to EscentsPH for the Travel sized Calendula, Lavender Oatmeal and Extra Minty Peppermint Charcoal Handmade Soaps! 🙂
Here’s How To Win
This is open to everyone in the Philippines.
1. Like the Purposeful Parenting Journey FB Page
2. Tag three friends on this post.
3. Share this post. Remember, sharing is caring! 🙂
Yes, simple as that – Like. Tag. Share.
Runs for 2 weeks – June 4 to evening of June 18. Winners to be announced on June 26. Shipping (free) follows soon after.
Can’t wait! Go ahead start liking, tagging and sharing! 🙂